Impaired Driving, Over 80mg DUI Lawyers in Welland
Ontario Criminal DUI Lawyer, Chris Avery
Blowing over 80 is the most common drinking and driving Charge that is defended in the Niagara Region courts. Operating an automobile, boat, snowmobile or motorcycle - motorized vehicle with an alcohol level that exceeds 80 milligrams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood is over the legal limit.
You were arrested, Charged with Over 80mg
It is a scary situation, you have never broke the law before. You felt fine, you weren't drunk but you blew over 80 at a RIDE Spotcheck or a traffic stop. Does this mean you are guilty?! Until the evidence is seen by a DUI specialist only then can your options be presented to you. How much will this cost? Again, you need to sit down with a lawyer to understand the complexities of your case. Contact us today for a Free Consultation.
Charged with Impaired?
Being impaired may not be qualified by blowing over 80 with a roadside breathalyzer if the officer made a roadside stop because you were driving erratically. If the officer suspects you are driving under the influence “ DUI” of alcohol or narcotics and you admit to having “a drink” you will be instructed to cooperate in a roadside physical test “walk a straight line” if there is physical evidence of inebriation.
Impaired by Narcotics & Marijuana
There may also be an officer who is trained to identify narcotics impairment dispatched to assist in the evaluation. If it is determined you are driving under the influence you may be placed under arrest and transported to the police station for further testing and evaluation. If Alcohol is suspected to be the impairment you will be asked to submit to a blood alcohol test. The results of that Blood Alcohol test may be below the legal limit and that may eliminate the over 80 charge. You will be left with the charge of impaired to fight in court
Call to schedule a Free Consultation
Welland Call 289-426-5766 - Outside Welland Call 1-877-497-3927
Average cost of an impaired driving conviction
- insurance rates
- back on track
- interlock devices
- criminal record
- loss of job
- inability to volunteer
- inability to obtain new employment
- potential problems with the US Border
- inability to rent a car in some circumstances
- contrary to popular belief, you often cannot just drive on your spouse's insurance or company insurance without disclosure to the company of the conviction - if a situation involving a claim happens, you may be uninsured
- admission of liability in situation of any kind of accident
- inability to obtain secondary insurance beyond basic liability, preventing you from leasing or financing new vehicles
- besmirches character - important in situations of politics and public life
- reputation in the community
- if any judgment occurs as a result of the admission of liability it destroys your credit rating
Toronto & GTA Call 289.481.1007 Outside GTA Call 1-877-497-3927