DUI Lawyer Whitby, Impaired Driving Over 80mg Charges
Durham Region Criminal Lawyer, Chris Avery
Generally when a person is charged with a drinking and driving offence this is the first time that they have ever dealt with the police or the courts and the whole process is quite frightening and confusing. Understandably they have a number of questions.
Arrested, Impaired Driving Over 80mg
Although the prospects may seem bleak when you are first charged with a DUI drinking and driving offence it must be remembered that you are presumed innocent until proven guilty and the Crown bears the heavy burden of proving all essential elements of the case beyond a reasonable doubt.
Fight the charges!
Given the heavy penalties involved you owe it to yourself to seek the best possible representation from experienced lawyers with a proven record of success defending these types of cases. With Mr Avery has assembled a team of the best available impaired driving resources located throughout the province so he can provide you with the best possible defence.
If you are uncertain about your rights and need to win the case to keep your licence and avoid a criminal record then why not call the Impaired Driving Defence Centre? Our initial consultation is always free and IDDC colleagues can meet / speak with you, promptly.
Contact Mr Chris Avery :
540 Dundas St E 2nd Floor, Whitby, ON L1N 2J4
Whitby & Durham Region Call 289.481.1007- Outside Durham Region Call 1-877-497-3927
Average cost of an impaired driving conviction
- insurance rates
- back on track
- interlock devices
- criminal record
- loss of job
- inability to volunteer
- inability to obtain new employment
- potential problems with the US Border
- inability to rent a car in some circumstances
- contrary to popular belief, you often cannot just drive on your spouse's insurance or company insurance without disclosure to the company of the conviction - if a situation involving a claim happens, you may be uninsured
- admission of liability in situation of any kind of accident
- inability to obtain secondary insurance beyond basic liability, preventing you from leasing or financing new vehicles
- besmirches character - important in situations of politics and public life
- reputation in the community
- if any judgment occurs as a result of the admission of liability it destroys your credit rating